Bombardier to invest in aerospace projects

Posted on 11 Mar 2019 and read 490 times
Bombardier to invest in aerospace projectsBombardier has announced that it will invest about CA$22 million over a three-year period in two major aerospace research projects: Aéro21 and the third phase of the SAGE project.

Both projects will bring together large aerospace companies and SMEs, as well as local universities and research centres.

François Caza, chief technology officer, Bombardier Inc (www.bombardier.com), said: “Through this strong alliance between industry, government and research partners, we are proud to not only push the limits of technology and build greener more-efficient aircraft but also increase the competitiveness of the Québec aerospace industry.”

Aéro21 aims to facilitate the implementation of 21st-century technologies in the Québec aerospace sector and is
expected to generate CA$65 million of investments over three years.

24 companies will be providing 75% of the funds for Aéro21, including CA$18.75 million from Bombardier; the Government of Québec will be investing the remaining 25%.

Bombardier’s participation will focus on expanding the use of computerised models to test various aircraft systems and components — from the design phase through certification — in an effort to bring new aerospace products to market at a faster pace and reduce development costs.

SAGE (Smart Affordable Green Efficient) was first launched in 2010 and is dedicated to developing smarter, more-efficient and more-effective technologies, while reducing the environmental footprint of the aerospace industry.

Four sub-projects were selected for the third phase of SAGE, including one called AILE (Aile intelligente et légère pour l’environnement), which was proposed by Bombardier along with four industry partners.

The focus of this sub-project is to develop multi-functional wings for business and commercial aircraft that will optimise aerodynamics and weight to reduce cost and fuel consumption.

Bombardier plans to invest CA$3.6 million in AILE, which will be matched by the Government of Québec.

Be seen in all the right places!

Intermach / MTA 2019 Metaltech 2019 Subcon 2019 Tornitura Show MTA Vietnam 2019 EMO 2019 Advanced Engineering 2019 Metalex 2019 Machine Tool Indonesia 2019 MACH 2020

Machinery-Locator
The online search from the pages of Machinery Market.

EDWARDS 100in Straight Line Hand Folder
Material width 3,050mm, 
material thickness 1.5mm, 
vertical beam adjustment 100mm. 
Approx dimen
Material width 3,050mm, material thickness 1.5mm, vertical beam adjustment 100mm. Approx dimen...
Fairfield Industries Ltd